Software developer needed / Vacancy in Nicosia, Cyprus or elsewhere.
GEORAMA is looking to hire a software developer. A candidate with skills in Image Processing/Computer Vision will be preferred. The successful candidate will participate in exciting national and European projects.
– A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience using at least one programming language (C++, Python, and JAVA).
– Experience in using image analysis software is highly desirable.
– The position requires open communication and a collaborative, team-oriented work style.
– Translate project design into code for existing and new project concepts.
– Deliver reports and manuals.
– Work as part of international teams meet tight deadlines and work on several tasks simultaneously.
– Able to work within a team environment as well as work independently on projects remotely or on location.
– Transform innovative ideas into successful development projects.
The ideal candidate should have a University degree preferably in Informatics – Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. A Master’s degree in relevant fields will be favorably evaluated. Good knowledge of the following is important:
– Data Management Systems (SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.)
– C/C++, Python
– JAVA web services
– Qt framework
– Image processing (point clouds, orthophoto generation etc.) and computer vision algorithms.
– Previous experience as a member in development teams is important, as the candidate will collaborate with different international development teams.
– Previous experience as a member in development teams in EU R&D projects (FP7, AAL, EUROSTARS, H2020) will be highly appreciated.
– Proficient use of the Greek and English language is essential.
Candidates are encouraged to provide samples of previous works.
– Full time contract (starting ideally September 1st 2018).
– Competitive monthly salary (1150€ -1500€ net) with bonuses according to performance.
– Attendance to business meetings abroad (travel expenses covered + per diem allowance).
– Health insurance package.
– Possibility of teleworking or working from home and for certain periods can be discussed.
– Apply for this vacancy until 31/08/2018. Please do not wait until the last moment as successful candidates will be contacted immediately.
– An assessment interview via teleconference will take place for selected candidates.
GEORAMA is an innovative SME in Cyprus, established in 2015, at the capital town of Nicosia.
Our goal is to support our clients in designing and implementing services and products in the domain of Geomatics and ICT.